CRS is happy to announce that our new TeamSpeak 3 server is up and ready for business! Thanks to Killer and Sirbenny for getting this up!
- The Axis TeamSpeak server address is: ts.wwiionline.com:9988
- The Allied TeamSpeak server address is: ts.wwiionline.com:9977
- TeamSpeak Passwords
- (You must have forum access to get the password).
Note: some of these may no longer be relevant with the upgrade to TS3.
What is TeamSpeak?
TeamSpeak is flexible, powerful, scalable software which enables people to speak with one another over the Internet.
Do I need TeamSpeak?
No, you don’t need TeamSpeak to play Battleground Europe. But many find it very useful in the heat of combat and to coordinate actions.
Where do I get TeamSpeak?
You can download TeamSpeak from TeamSpeak Archives
How much will this cost me?
TeamSpeak is a free program. CRS maintains the TeamSpeak servers and relevant costs.
I made it into the TeamSpeak server, what is next?
Along the top bar is a “self” menu. Click on the “self” menu and choose, “Register with server”. Enter the required information. You are registered! You are now ready to enjoy TeamSpeak.
OK, I have followed all of your instructions, but I just can’t make this work.
There is some great “Help” in the software, check that out.
OK, I checked the help out, I still can’t make this thing work.
Email SIRBENNY at sirbenny AT playnet.com.
What about Server administrators (SA) and Channel Administrators (CA)?
- TOPD, and SIRBENNY are Server Administrators (SA).
- Country level and above High Command Officers are all Server Administrators (SA).
- Country Level and above High Command Officers will assign Channel Administrator (CA) rights to those individuals they deem necessary.
- Most CRS staff are also SAs.
Problems with Vista, Windows 7 and TeamSpeak
If TS isn't working for you in Vista, try running TeamSpeak "as administrator". To do this:
- Right-click the TeamSpeak.exe in your \TeamSpeak\ folder and select Properties
- Go to the Combatibility tab and check the box "Run As Administrator"
Try setting TeamSpeak to NOT run in administrator mode! (Yes, that contradicts the above. Apparently, this varies by system).
In our recent internal testing on Vista 32, TS in Admin mode sends the broadcasting signal (lights up the "I'm talking" button) but does not send sound).
Windows 7 However, some Windows 7 users have found the opposite and they needed to do the following:
Select TeamSpeak.exe > Properties > Compatibility > "Run in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" and "Run as administrator".