- All subscriptions are recurring! There are no non-recurring subscription plans other than the Gold and Silver Builder Programs.
- You pay for access to the game servers for the period of your subscription term. During that time period, your access is unlimited. You do not pay for the actual use of the servers.
- There are No Refunds
- The Terms of Service are the license agreement which governs the relationship between you and Playnet.: http://www.wwiionline.com/scripts/wwiionline/tos.jsp
You can find a local copy of this in your game folder: /Battleground Europe/eula.txt
Texas Sales Tax
Due to a recent ruling by the State of Texas, Playnet has been ordered to begin collecting 8.25% tax on all transactions for online services with Texas Residents. This rate is a blend of state and local tax.
This tax is added to your subscription plan at the time of the transaction (monthly, yearly etc.).
- Visa Electron cards are not accepted (Please use PayPal or PayByCash)
- American Express
- Note: American Express Gift Cards are not accepted
- Diners Club
Other gift cards might not be accepted.
Credit Card Questions
Q: How do up update the expiration date of my credit card?
A: Go to your Account Subscription page, and follow the link near the bottom that says "I would like to modify my payment plan." Choose your subscription term (the period of time at which your subscription renews), then select your type of payment (credit card) and enter the card number and expiration date). You will not be charged until your Billing Date. When that day arrives, your new information will be used.
Q: Can I pay for more than one account with one credit card?
A: Yes, although, you can only create new trial accounts with a credit card that has never before been used with us.
Offline Billing/Payment Methods
We offer three forms of offline billing. Offline billing allows you pay a third party company, which will pay us. This allows players to use a wide variety of payment methods, ranging from money orders, to debit cards and many others.
Important Note For All Offline Payment Methods
You MUST go through your WWIIOL:BE Account pages to use any of these payment methods. When you select any offline payment method in you account pages, you with eventually be presented with a shopping cart summary of your intended purchase and a button that says "Pay at <payment company>." Click that button and you will be taken to a payment company website that already has your WWIIOL:BE account information associated with it. This way, when you make the payment, our system will be notified of the two things we need: 1) there is a payment for us, and 2) it belongs to your account.
If you don't do this, our system can get the money but does not know who it belongs to. And sorting that out will take time. So, please, go through our account pages to get to the payment company pages. Do not send us payments without doing this!
Q. How do I make a PayPal payment?
A1. If you have used PayPal with WWIIOL:BE before, login to your Account pages and go to the Subscription section. Follow the link that says, "I would like to make an Offline Payment." On the next screen, verify that the information presented is correct, then press the button that says "Pay at PayPal."
A2. If you have never used PayPal with WWIIOL:BE, login to your Account pages and go to the Subscription section. Follow the link that says, "I would like to change my Payment Plan." On the next screen, select a subscription term of at least 3 months (offline payments are currently only available for subscriptions of 3 months or greater), then select PayPal as your desired method of payment. If you do not yet have a PayPal account, please create one before trying to make a PayPal payment on our system.
Q. I sent my payment to the PayPal address, why can't I get in? (Why hasn't credit shown up?)
A. Unfortunately when you do that, our billing system doesn't connect the payment to your account. In effect, you just put money in our account without anything else. You must use the billing system and follow the "Pay at PayPal" link.
Pay By Cash
PayByCash offers a wide variety of possible options Some methods are more quickly processed than others. As with Bibit, the possible methods depend on your country and will be presented to you when go through your WWIIOL:BE account pages and follow the Pay at PayByCash link.
Offline Payment Problems
Q. The money was taken from my account, but I still can't play.
A. If it isn't just a normal delay, but your offline transaction with Playnet has not completed, your best recourse is to contact the issuer of your payment to Bibit. The issuer is the payment method you use to give your payment to Bibit; it may be your bank, a credit card, a money order company, etc. They should be able to trace the transaction with Bibit.
- Trial accounts offer you free time to try the game.
- They are intended only for new players.
- Trials no longer require a credit card, but only one trial may be created with a single email address.
- We have removed the automatic conversion on trials that did not cancel. Therefore, failure to cancel your trial will not result in being billed.
- Because we have removed the need for a credit card for our trial and the automatic charge at the end of the trial, the trial will deactivate automatically. You will not be charged. Of course, you will still have the opportunity to become a premium subscriber.
- Trial accounts do not get full access to the forums.
When we receive the transaction result noaction.redirected from the use of our offline payment solutions, there are three possibilities why the transaction has not been resolved:
- The payment attempt was not completed at the Payment company site. If you don't fully complete the necessary forms, no transaction will take place.
- The payment transaction was completed but the Payment company has not received the actual payment, the check is waiting to clear, etc. The length of time it takes for a transaction to clear depends upon the method you use to pay the Payment company. For example, eChecks used with PayPal usually take a minimum of one week and often two full weeks to clear.
- The payment was sent directly through the Payment company's site, skipping our account web pages. When paying for your account with an offline payment, it is vitally necessary that you go through all of the pages on our site that ultimately take you to a button that says "Pay at PayPal", "Pay at Bibit", or "Pay at PayByCash." That takes you to the payment site but it has the transaction and tracking information already. If you skip our pages, but make the payment directly by sending it directly to our PayPal payment address for example, we can receive the money, but without the information connecting it to your account. Resolving this possibility requires our accountant to search our transaction history for the payment, and this can take a few days.